Eight Items Or Less: Richard Hambleton Tonight + The Weeknd Next Week
1. Billboard names LMFAO's "Party Rock Anthem" the #1 Song of the Summer 2011. Pitbull's "Give Me Everything" was #2.
2. The Scissor Sisters are taking part in this year's New Yorker Festival in a "conversation with music" hosted by John Seabrook on Saturday, October 1, 10 p.m. at the Gramercy Theatre (127 East 23rd Street). Get your tickets ($35) here.
3. Don't forget that "Richard Hambleton: A Retrospective" opens tonight, 7 to 10 p.m., at Phillips de Pury (450 Park Avenue). The exhibit is presented by Vladimir Restoin Roitfeld and Andy Valmorbida in collaboration with Giorgio Armani.
4. Pedro Almodovar will be this year's honoree at MoMA's Film Benefit on November 15. Co-chairs for the event are Penelope Cruz and Antonio Banderas. (Variety)
5. Design Miami has chosen the London-based architect/designer David Adjaye as their Designer of the Year. He will design a site-specific pavilion called "Genesis" to go up in Miami during Art Basel 2011, November 29 to December 4. Adjaye designed the Smithsonian's upcoming National Museum of African American History and Culture, scheduled to open in 2015. (HuffPo)
6. The Weeknd are performing their first live U.S. show in NYC on September 15 at downtown Brooklyn's One Hanson Place at a party for Vice magazine. (Pitchfork)
7. Bonhams is having another Urban Art auction on September 21 in London. Go here to see the full catalogue and to bid online for your own Banksy, Shepard Fairey, Faile and more.