Eight Items or Less: "Pretty On the Inside" At Paul Kasmin Gallery + Are Rats Not So Bad?
1. Tonight's Webby Awards will be streamed live on Facebook from NYC's Hammerstein Ballroom. You can watch the show here starting at 8 p.m. EST. LCD Soundsystem is getting an award for Webby Artist of the Year.
2. Paul McCartney added a second Yankee Stadium show on Saturday, July 16th. [BrooklynVegan]
3. Paul Kasmin Gallery is opening a cool group show "organized" by Erik Parker and KAWS called "Pretty on the Inside." It runs from June 23 to August 19 and includes works by Todd James, Tony Matelli, Joyce Pensato, Peter Saul, Karl Wirsum plus KAWS and Parker.
4. Scientists claim they can predict what songs will become popular by studying the brain activity of teenagers. "Knee Deep" by American death-metal band Job for a Cowboy was their top-scoring song. Let's hope that record companies don't start using this technology. [WSJ]
5. Rats make good pets and they'll come when called by name. Here are many more facts about everybody's least-favorite rodent. [The Independent]
6. The retired French electrician that had 271 Picasso's in his garage -- paintings he claimed were gifts from the artist -- has now been accused of stealing them. [AFP]
7. The Scissor Sisters' tweet to Tracy Morgan's son. [Buzzfeed]