1. PJ Harvey's Let England Shake beat out Adele, Katy B, James Blake and eight others to claim the 2011 Mercury Prize for the year's best album in the UK and Ireland. [The Guardian]
2. Iran has banned public water gun fights because they are "unseemly and immoral." [NYT]
3. Andy Butler from Hercules and Love Affair co-produced and co-wrote tracks for the new Kid Creole and the Coconuts album, I Wake Up Screaming. It's the band's first in 14 years and will be out worldwide on September 13.
4. Somebody broke into Celine Dion's house in Montreal over the weekend and "prepared a meal in her kitchen and had a bath going" before being arrested. [CTV]
5. Mark Ronson married Josephine De La Baume on Saturday in France. Scottish band The View played at the reception. [NME]
6. This week's Stooges concerts in Los Angeles, Las Vegas and San Francisco have been canceled due to Iggy's foot injury incurred in Romania last month. [LAT]
7. Amazing photos of animals in the womb. [National Geographic via Buzzfeed]