Eight Items Or Less: Indoor Parades at SITE Fest & Fried Cupcakes
1. The second annual SITE fest in Bushwick is this weekend and features over 50 dance, theater, music, and performance art pieces at venues around the neighborhood. The whole thing kicks off tonight with a dance party at Beauty Bar. Tomorrow night, there's a circus-themed party with "indoor parades" at House of Yes. Don't go sober. See the full schedule here.
2. Broken Social Scene, Panda Bear, Girls, and Jon Spencer Blues Explosion were all added to the Pitchfork Music Festival bill, already featuring Pavement and LCD Soundsystem among other acts. If you're in Chicago this July, buy tickets here.
3. Here We Go Magic, also appearing at the Pitchfork Festival, are playing a free show at Williamsburg's Zebulon tonight. Listen to the lovely "Fangela" here. [Zebulon]
4. The newly opened Distrikt Hotel in Midtown features thirty eight-foot lightboxes and two 22-foot murals created by Brooklyn artist Chris Rubino. His paintings are also on display in the ACE hotel.
5. A new study done by an evolutionary psychologist at the London School of Economics and Political Science suggests that liberals are more evolved than conservatives. But you knew that. [National Geographic]
6. Maru, the adorable Japanese cat who lives for empty boxes and sticking his head in bags, has a new spring look. [Maru's YouTube Channel]
7. A "hidden" McDonald's breakfast menu item has been discovered by someone who was not embarrassed to share this information online. [Consumerist]
8. Speaking of embarrassing food, there's a fried cupcake festival at Union Hall tonight. Cupcakegate 2K10: The Resolution, features deep-friend Robicelli's cupcakes including "the Elvis" (Banana cake with peanut butter buttercream and brown sugar candied bacon) for sale from 5 to 9 p.m. [Union Hall]