Eight Items or Less: Furniture by Rem Koolhaas...
1. Chances With Wolves is hosting an "old-school dance party" on the second floor of Taavo Somer's Williamsburg restaurant, ISA (348 Wythe Avenue, Brooklyn), this Wednesday, January 16, 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. AND, admission is FREE! If CWW's EastVillageRadio.com show -- Mondays 6 to 8 p.m. -- is any indication, the music will be most excellent.
2. Hipsters live on, while Die Hipster dies. The blog called it quits after six years and 2.8 million views: "The truth is, I simply can't take these people anymore - to the point that I don't even want to write about them on a regular basis. It's too depressing, nauseating, and aggravating." OK, now how much longer for Hipster Runoff?
3. "Beat Memories: The Photographs of Allen Ginsberg" opens tomorrow, January 15, at NYU's Grey Art Gallery (100 Washington Square East) and runs until April 6. The exhibit includes over 90 b&w photos, with portraits of Jack Kerouac, Gregory Corso and William Burroughs.
4. "Aaron Swartz was my friend, and I will always miss him," writes Matt Stoller. This a long-read, but worth the time. (Photo by Daniel J. Sieradski on Flickr)
5. Fountain Art Fair returns for an eighth year in NYC from March 8 to 10 in the 69th Regent Armory (68 Lexington Avenue) -- that's the site of the original Armory Show in 1913. They are working with Brooklyn gallery guide WAGMAG and performance-art space Grace Exhibition Space, plus they're promising cool parties on both Friday and Saturday nights with "musical guests." Art + Party = ArtyParty! (Photo by Art Comments on Flickr)
6. When can we get this cool table and chairs designed by Rem Koolhass for Knoll?