1. Maker Faire returns this weekend, September 17 & 18, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and 7 p.m. on Sunday, at the New York Hall of Science (47-01 111th Street, Queens). The family-friendly event is a celebration of rockets, robots, DIY, crafts, electronics, creativity and innovation. The complete schedule and tickets are here.
2. Eater lists New York nightclub winners (Electric Room, Boom Boom Room, Hiro Ballroom) and losers (Mister H, Jane Ballroom, La Baron) during Fashion Week S/S 2012.
3. Kate Bush is releasing a new album, 50 Words For Snow, on November 25.
4. Forget about "planking" and "batman-ing," now it's all about "fridging." Nicki Minaj can't get enough. (Rolling Stone)
5. Christian Marclay and Otomo Yoshihide are DJing/performing an experimental music piece called "Turntable Duo" on November 19 at the Japan Society (333 East 47th Street, 8 p.m.) The show is part of PERFORMA 11.
6. FYI: The Weeknd will not be performing at the Vice party tonight.