Eight Items Or Less: Deep Space Turns Seven & Rufus Thinks 50's Gay
1. The New York Mets got their nickname in 1961 when fans chose "Mets" over nine other finalists including Burros, Bees and Skyliners. Here's a complete rundown of how all 30 major league baseball teams got their names.
2. Les roues de l'acier! A school in Lyon is offering an 18 to 22 month DJ curriculum that is certified and subsidized by the French government. (via WSJ)
3. The 25 best vintage stores in America. (via GQ)
4. Rufus Wainwright thinks 50 Cent is gay. Why? The singer tells Details magazine it's because of "that cute little voice of his."
5. Monday, April 19, is the 7th anniversary of the Deep Space party at Cielo (18 Little West 12th St.). Resident -- and self-taught -- DJ Francois K will be spinning along with special guest Theo Parrish.
6. The Today Show announced upcoming performers for their summer concert series including Sting on May 14, Lady Gaga on July 9 and Ke$ha on Aug. 13th. Whoever wins this season's American Idol will perform on May 27th.