Eight Items or Less: Art Basel/Miami Edition, Part IV
1. Be sure to stop by the Rubell Collection (95 NW 29th Street) when you go over to Wynwood or the Design District. They have a new exhibition called "Beg Borrow and Steal" and an installation by Jennifer Rubell called "Old -Fashioned" that includes a giant wall of 1,521 donuts hung in a grid. Jennifer told us it's OK to eat the art. We ran into RosaLee Goldberg (mom to PAPER's own Pierce Jackson) and she just finished a hectic month with her incredible Performa 09, which opened with Jennifer's food masterpiece. The collection is open through Saturday.
2. Max Fish (28 NE 14th Street) has Mike Bones, Barr, Wilder Zoby (Chin Chin) and Jacuzzi Boys Thursday night and Endless Boogie, Teepee plus DJ sets by Leo Fitzpatrick, Tim Barber and Benton on Friday.
3. Jeremy Scott is going to be at the Addict Boutique (9700 Collins Avenue) tomorrow, December 3, from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. to support his Adidas "Original by Originals" collection.
4. Christian Louboutin is launching "Le Rituel" with crystal stiletto champagne flutes (filled with Piper-Heidsieck, of course) on Friday night at Set (320 Lincoln Road). Our fave local TV presenter Belkys Nerey is going to be there too.
5. The Drums are DJing a free party at the pool of the Deauville Beach Resort (67th and Collins) on Thursday from 7 to 9:30 with Brendan Fowler and "Live Install" with Jacques Louis Vidal and Justin Lieberman. The Drums are also playing live the next night in the hotel's ballroom. Should be fun.
6. One of the pop-up shops in the Moore building (4040 NE 2nd Avenue), Neon Monster, is having a little party in the penthouse of The Raleigh (1775 Collins) on Friday night with DJs Stretch Armstrong and Junior Sanchez. (Invite only)
7. We also hear that there's a Bruce Weber party and Misshapes afterparty at the Standard (40 Island Avenue) on Friday.
Photo by: Marina Winther