Eight Items or Less: Art Basel/Miami Edition, Part III
1. Deitch Projects and Tony Goldman have put together an amazing outdoor mural show called "Wynwood Walls" that features new works by the biggest names in the business including Aiko, Jim Drain, Shepard Fairey, Futura, Barry McGee, Kenny Scharf and more. Be there or be square! The opening is on Thursday, December 3, from 8 to 11 p.m. at NW 26th Street and 2nd Avenue.
2. Our pal Dante Ross is in town and DJing at The Electric Pickle (2826 N Miami Avenue) on Wednesday, December 2, with locals Manuvers, Sire Esq., A-Train, Tomas and Mr. Brown. Plus there'll be a skate ramp set up by MIA skate shop and Vans. Don't forget that the weekly Poplife party is at the same venue on Saturday.
3. This sounds cool: "Littlest Sister 09: The Smallest Art Fair in Town" at the Spinello Gallery (155 NE 38th Street #101) with 50 artists showing "small scale works of art." The opening is tonight, December 1, from 7 to 10 p.m. BYO microscope.
4. Prince Peter and Mick Rock are hosting a cool party at the Shore Club (1901 Collins Avenue) on Thursday, December 3, with DJs David Katz and Mia Moretti plus special sets by Prince Peter and dreamy Jacob Dekat from Bambi and a live set by Delilah featuring Jamie Burke.
5. We noticed that superstar DJ Tiesto is selling his South Beach townhouse (furnished) for $2,750,000. It comes complete with a giant mural of the man himself standing, arms outstretched, in front of a massive crowd of ravers. Jeff Morr at Majestic Properties (305 398 7888) has the exclusive listing.
6. We saw Rostarr painting a shuttle bus that runs around the beach, so keep your eyes peeled for that.
7. Pharrell Williams is in Miami promoting a new film (in which he appears) by Yi Zhou called The Ear. Its got music by Ennio Morricone, costumes by Rick Owens and BBC Ice Cream.
8. Please note that the Kid Sister/Giant Step/Svedka party is at the Delano and not at the Shore Club.