Dumpster Pools and Brooklyn Brews in Today's Eight Items or Less
1. Mayor Bloomberg is installing dumpster pools on Park Avenue.
2. We didn't know about the Oxford Companion to Beer until we read this profile of Brooklyn Brewmaster Garrett Oliver.
3. Check the intense trailer for Ben Affleck's Boston bank robber flick, The Town, featuring Jon Hamm, Blake Lively, and Jeremy Renner.
4. Rick Ross's MySpace is streaming new album Teflon Don.
5. Steven Pinker's New Republic essay on profanity is delightful, and not just because of the following paraphrased profanity: "the gynecological-flagellative term for uxorial dominance."
6. 98 Bowery has posted classic interviews with Richard Serra, John Ahearn, and Jean-Michel Basquiat.