Brooklyn Electronic Music Festival + A Week-Long Strip Poker Game = Eight Items or Less
1. Yippee, yippee, bleep, bleep! The 4th Annual Brooklyn Electronic Music Festival will take place on November 11th and 12th at five Williamsburg venues. This year's acts include Mathew Dear , Diamond Rings, Four Tet, Hudson Mohawke and more. Tickets are available here.
2. Take it off! Performance artist Zefrey Throwell has organized a continuous game of strip poker called "I'll Raise You One." It's part of PERFORMA 11 and will take place daily from November 12 to 19, 10:30 a.m. - 6 p.m., at Art in General (79 Walker Street).
3. Speaking of fabulous performance artists, PAPER's Tom Murrin, aka The Alien Comic, is doing a special pre-Halloween "Trick or Treat" show on Monday, October 24, 7:30 p.m., $15, at Dixon Place (161A Chrystie Street). Also on the bill is James Godwin from Dirty Jimmy's Basement.
4. Opening Ceremony is movin' on up...to the second floor of their SoHo store. The expanded space adds 2,000 square feet to your shopping pleasure. [Fashionista]
5. Is it too early to think about New Year's Eve? Not when we're talking about the incredible Matt & Kim. The duo will be at the Hammerstein Ballroom (311 West 34th Street) with Super Mash Bros. and Body Language and tickets go on sale tomorrow on livenation.com.
6. Grace Exhibition Space [840 Broadway, Brooklyn] hosts an international group of performance artists on Friday, October 21, 9 to 10 p.m., $5 donation. The evening, "Utopia Obsessed," features Rafael Sanchez, SP38, Arianne Foks and Gwang Cheol Gim followed by a musical performance by local electronic music duo Scheme Corps.
7. This is what drinking two glasses of wine every day for 10 years will do to your face. [DailyMail via Buzzfeed]
8. In the new Momofuku Milk Bar cookbook, Momofuku pastry chef Christine Totsi says that when she was first hired at the restaurant, she had to do all of the "tit shit," including organizing the payroll to snaking clogged toilets. [FoodRepublic via Eater]