The Beygency strikes again! After already mitigating the effects of Solangeddon with a joint non-statement statement and copious Instagrammin', Beyoncé and Jay Z have successfully turned our attention away from The Elevator Incident by releasing a fake trailer, "Run," ostensibly as part of promo for their upcoming 'On the Run' tour. Directed by Melina Matsoukas, who also did Bey's "Pretty Hurts" video, the clip features the Carters reprising their 'Bonnie and Clyde' schtick with the help of a clown car's worth of celebrity cameos. There's Sean Penn as some kind of crime boss/advisor, Don Cheadle as another hustler type, Blake Lively as Beyoncé's concerned BFF, Jake Gyllenhaal as some wild-eyed crazy dude, Emmy Rossum as a cop, Guillermo Diaz as an underworld kingpin and Rashida and Kidada Jones as Beyonce's accomplices/prison mates. The whole thing is very Spring Breakers-meets-Quentin Tarantino and the best bits have to be all of the winkingly silly soundbites that make zero sense. Below, we round up our top 10 favorites.
We like BBQ, too, Jay, and it's also a problem.
1. "When shit gets bigger than the cat, get rid of the cat." -- Jay Z to Sean Penn
2. "Here's my gun, don't get cocky." -- Sean Penn
3. "Unless you prepared to do something, don't ask me no questions." -- Jay Z
4. "Unhhh." -- Jake Gyllenhaal
5. "Ha-ahhh!" -- Beyoncé
6. "You don't know who I am anymore." -- Beyoncé
7. "What happens when it hits the fan?" -- Blake Lively
8. "You're gonna get that little girl out, too." -- Sean Penn
9. "My problem is, I like BBQ." -- Jay Z
10. "We can't lose you." -- Blake Lively