2. Here's Louis C.K. on the new cover of Rolling Stone.
3. Leonard A. Lauder is giving his collection of Cubist art (which rivals the collections of MoMA and Centre Pompidou, by the by) to the Met. Works include 33 Picassos, 17 Braques, 14 Légers and 14 by Gris. [via NYTimes]
4. Kate Bush just received a CBE -- or Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire -- award from the Queen of England, meaning she's thisclose to attaining knighthood. [via Pitchfork]
5. Artist and researcher Nikolay Lamm made these helpful GIFs showing how some of our favorite tourist spots will look after global warming causes the sea level to rise. [via PopSci]
6. In this interview with the Times, Jason Merkoski, one of the creators of the Kindle, called Amazon "the mean stepmother in a fairy tale" and added, "I think we've made a proverbial pact with the devil in digitizing our words." [via NPR]
7. David Shapiro bought the space that Loreley Biergarten once occupied (in Williamsburg, right next to the BQE) and is planning to replace it with Kingbird, A "New York comfort food" restaurant with a more complex patio and "crazy awning structure." [via DNA Info]
8. Here's the world's first vodka made from milk. The concept makes us a little nauseous but we'll try to keep an open mind. [via Design Taxi]