I've eaten so many good meals this year, and while some of them are a blur, a few dishes haunt my dreams. In no particular order:
3. Unbelievably creamy black beans with avocado leaves at Fonda.
4. Full belly Ipswich clam rolls at Littleneck.
5. Super-tender short ribs crisped up in the wood-burning oven at Il Buco Alimentari (pictured above).
6. Kung pao chicken sandwich with a spicy, juicy kick at Northeast Kingdom.
7. Handmade burrata with black fig & smoked chili -- oh, and the organic chicken liver mousse with dried cherries and Marcona almonds -- and also the butter drenched in honey served with warm bread at Arthur on Smith.
8. Fried pig tails (yes, pig tails) with hush puppies at Brooklyn Star.
Photo of Il Buco short ribs by Dave Sanders via The New York Times.
MORE YEAR-END LISTS:
The Best + Worst Films of 2012
Listen to PAPER's 2012
The Top 15 Celebrity Bulges of 2012
Our Top 10 Year-End Music Lists
Kim Hastreiter: 10 Things That Inspired Me in 2012
Rebecca Smeyne's Favorite Photos of the Year
Chris Black's Favorite Blogs of 2012