The Spice Girls are the '90s nostalgia gift that keeps on giving. A reunion tour, various reality TV show stints (R.I.P. Victoria Beckham: Coming to America), and now, Viva Forever: The Musical.
The girl group reunited at the St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel this week to announce the upcoming show, which opens at London's Piccadilly Theatre in December. It isn't exactly the tale of Ginger, Baby, Sporty, Scary, and Posh but will feature the group's music.
But the show -- produced by Judy Craymer (of Mamma Mia! fame) and written by Jennifer Saunders -- got us thinking about another Spice Girls production: Spice World.
Otherwise known as the best movie ever (to be released on December 26, 1997. If you don't consider the Estonian release of Tomorrow Never Dies). So we've rounded up a few clips for an afternoon nostalgia-fix. Here's hoping the musical will be just a fraction as good. Zig-a-zig-ah!
1. The trailer still gets us excited.
2. Singing "Say You'll Be There." We dare you to not break out into song at your desk.
3. They can act! (Well, almost.)
4. Because who doesn't love a photoshoot montage?
5. And finally, a personal favorite: the boot camp scene.