1. Pok Pok's Tamarind Whiskey Sour (pictured above) is just the right combination of sweet, tangy, and slightly funky to go alongside a plate of umami-laced fish sauce wings or Mangalista pork neck.
2. The citrus-floral bomb of a soju Palmer slushie at Momofuku Noodle Bar is one of the more adult delights to pair with a bowl of ginger scallion noodles or Momo's famous fried chicken.
3. Bacon and clams play well with a spicy tequila, ginger and watermelon infused Chupacabra at Fatty 'Cue West Village. Follow it with a large coconut water doused with rum.
4. For a taste of authentic Filipino boozing, go for a Zsa Zsa Padilla at Maharlika, a bitter-sweet bang of Campari and Tang. Best in double orders and followed by warm shots of gin and vinegar chasers.
5. At the newly opened Mission Chinese Food (which you can read about in our May issue), nearly everything is delightfully mouth tingling, which means bubbly cocktails are a good bet. Do the Great Northern, a mix of shochu, grapefruit, yuzu and sparkling wine, to calm the fire of the chile-rubbed pastrami you just shoveled in the trap (because there's no other way to eat Mission's dishes).
Tamarind Whiskey Sour photo by Flickr user Intrepidation