Cynthia Rowley's world seems like a whole lot of fun. The designer's sporty femininity and feel-good vibe run fluidly from her life into her collections. Here are five reasons why her workwear-inspired F/W 2012 runway show made us, well, want to be part of her world.
1. It's a place where... you are greeted at the door by cute cocktail waiters offering you a split of sparkling wine with a floating pink straw to drink from.
2. It's a place where...you surf the shores of Montauk and play badminton tournaments in the yard of your summer house there with your model/actress gal pal Rebecca Romijn. Romijn, before taking her seat on the front row, told us that she's "not so good a surfing, but a very good badminton player."
3. It's a place where... you are encouraged to wear an actual face of 'barely there makeup' and your hair in an "I just got back from the beach, and although the humidity has turned my natural curls into a frizzfest, I am just going to toss it up and go with it" bun.
4. It's a place where... embellishment is nothing to shy away from. Her collection featured over-sized sweatshirts clustered with small mounds of sparkle, bejeweled chokers as wide as your neck and portfolio clutch's disguised as exotic birds with neon green feathers.
5. It's a place where... coveralls and a turtleneck can look sexy. The ladder added a hint of chic mystery layered under boxy jackets and kaleidoscopic print dresses while the former came in a navy plaid and plush.
All of our New York Fashion Week coverage, in one spot!